FORUMS: list search recent posts

Title Exchange to DVDSP problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley Terry
Title Exchange to DVDSP problems
on Apr 9, 2012 at 7:24:45 pm

Hello, I'm working on creating a DVD in Studio Pro with subtitles I created using FCP and Title Exchange. Everything works fine getting the file into DVDSP and setting the stream to on or off, etc. but the font is a hideous outlined red with a glow. This is not something I've specified in any of my color preferences in DVDSP (in fact I checked the subtitle preferences and they looked good: Helvetica, 36 pt, white, centered).

I checked the lines of code in the txt file created by Title Exchange and saw that there was a red effect applied so I deleted those lines of code, but to no avail.

If it helps, I'm using:
FCP 6.0.6
DVDSP 4.2.1
TE 1.9.64

on an Intel Mac Pro

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Title Exchange to DVDSP problems
on Apr 10, 2012 at 6:40:44 am

You can override the colors in DVD SP.
I suspect it's the default palette for bitmaps, where red / blue / white / black is used as input, where those colors get mapped to the final values.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Ashley Terry
on Apr 22, 2012 at 4:55:17 pm

But how? As I said, I went to preferences-- subtitles--> and changed the font, outline, colors, and everything I could find to be just white letters on the background video, all to no avail. If there is a way to overwrite it, then how if it's not through the preference pane?

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Apr 23, 2012 at 6:50:05 am

you do the mapping in the inspector (if it's called like that, not behind a mac now).
set it to color instead of grayscale, and pick colors.
Make sure your bg is fully transparant, and that you set your anti-alias color to a mix of title / outline (in case it is there),
or outline half transparant (if it is between outline and video)
Just toy with the sliders, you'll see.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]