FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing with 10bit uncompressed 4:2:2 from Hyperdeck Shuttle and SONY F3 Slog

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Fuhrman
Editing with 10bit uncompressed 4:2:2 from Hyperdeck Shuttle and SONY F3 Slog
on Apr 9, 2012 at 7:18:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a new owner of the Hyperdeck Shuttle 2. I am using it with my SONY F3 and the Slog option for 4:2:2 10bit uncompressed recording.

So far my Final Cut Pro sequence DOES NOT like to play back the footage without dropped frames. Help?

Thanks,
Peter

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Editing with 10bit uncompressed 4:2:2 from Hyperdeck Shuttle and SONY F3 Slog
on Apr 9, 2012 at 7:38:37 pm

You need very fast hard drives to play back 10 bit uncompressed video.
Standard def has a bitrate of about 270 Mbs and HD is way higher - over 1Gbs I think.

So that's why you are struggling to play it back - unless you have a fast fibre or esata raid it's going to stall.

That's why ProRes is a good option. HD ProRes is less bandwidth than SD 10 bit Uncompressed.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Editing with 10bit uncompressed 4:2:2 from Hyperdeck Shuttle and SONY F3 Slog
on Apr 9, 2012 at 10:53:45 pm

The shuttle also uses DNxHD codec for compressed HD. DNxHD is a great codec like ProRes 422 and has similar compression. DNxHD can be used with Final Cut Pro if you download the free codec from AVID.

I am working on a project shot F3 SLOG to DNxHD on a Sound Devices PIX240 and I will be grading in da Vinci and finalising in Final Cut 7. Depending on frame rate DNxHD and ProRes422 can run off a Firewire 800 drive but esata or an internal RAID would be more reliable for dropped frames.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]