FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is my audio 32 bit floating point

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Chesney
Why is my audio 32 bit floating point
on Apr 8, 2012 at 8:00:58 pm

I'm editing a live concert with a multicamera setup. Here is my camera, settings and such:

1) Two Canon T3i that converted into prores with MPEG streamclip (audio is 16 bit integer)
2) Nikon D7000 converted into prores with MPEG streamclip (audio is 16 bit integer)

and here is my issue-
3) Panasonic GH2 with Rode Mic Video Pro (which is an .MTS file) - I used AUNSOFT MTS converter to prores and the audio comes out as 32 bit floating point. All my files work (including the GH2) but when I drop the GH2 into my bin it tells me the file format isnt correct and i should consider recapturing.

The only difference between these clips is the audio and I cant find settings in AUNSOFT to make it 16 bit audio instead of 32.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot for reading.

Return to posts index

Nathan Chesney
Re: Why is my audio 32 bit floating point
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:03:32 am

Reading other threads I noticed people talking about Clipwrap, so I decided to give that a try. The audio format came out being 24 bit integer. Any idea how I can make my MTS files a 16 bit integer without having to do 2 conversions?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 12, 2012 at 7:22:52 am

FCP can use 16 or 24 bit uncompressed audio @ 48khz. Your sequence settings can 32 bit which is how FCP does its mix processing but the files must be either 16 or 24 bit. So convert the mts files to 24 bit if you like and they can be mixed with 16 bit in the timeline.

Return to posts index

Nathan Chesney
on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:20:22 pm

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, but this is causing time that I dont want to spend rendering. When all my clips are 16 bit integer and the mts->prores clips are 24 it's frustrating. I've been taking it through Audacity and outputting it as 16 bit 48khz.

Return to posts index

Jo Powers
on Nov 12, 2012 at 6:15:50 pm

I have had the EXACT same issue, with a VERY similar camera setup. Unfortunately I haven't found a whole lot in the way of FAST workarounds. If you've figured out any other solutions, I'd love to hear them!

Return to posts index

Jo Powers
on Nov 12, 2012 at 6:33:53 pm

The best solution I've come up thus far is to convert to .mp4 from handbrake, and then from there bring that file into mpeg streamclip to do a final conversion. Though it doesn't appear to be obvious, in stramclip it does change audio format to 16 bit integer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]