FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Issue Perplexing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Peters
Final Cut Issue Perplexing
on Apr 6, 2012 at 6:04:45 am

Hi all. I am new to this forum and hope to get help for my problem. Here goes:

I am trying to find a clip and am using the "Reconnect Media" option. When the "Reconnect Files" window opens I see the path for the offline files. The path is:

Macintosh HD:Applications:Final Cut Pro.app:Contents:MacOS:Capture Scratch:Nancy Christmas Tree Decorating:Decorating_1

I originally captured the clip and put it in the "Nancy Christmas Tree" Folder that I created.

First: The folder and the file is non existent on my computer. I do use an external drive where I store and capture these files. I have only ever used this external drive.

I also searched on my local drive just in case to see if I could locate it there. Again, nowhere to be found. I know that I will be asked if I moved the files but I have not. This external drive is the only drive that I capture to. I have a brand new Mac pro and use Final Cut Pro 7.0.3

I am completely at a loss at the disappearance of my files.

I am also confused about the path that it points to. When I try and follow the path in finder or even through Final Cut, I have to stop at the " Final Cut Pro.app"

The path just leads me to the actual application with nowhere else to continue further to the rest of the path.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Final Cut Issue Perplexing
on Apr 6, 2012 at 6:51:23 am

I have, until now, not come across a situation where media has been stored within the fcp.app folder.
However what you need to do is right click on the fcp ap and select show contents (or is it show package contents) - either way do that and it will open like a normal folder and you should be able to locate your file and move it onto your external with everything else.

Odd one - wonder how it got there.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Mark Peters
on Apr 6, 2012 at 7:48:23 am

OMG! Thank you sooooo much. I have been pulling my hair out for 3 days now trying to figure out where the heck my files went. This was for a client and I thought I would have to give him the bad news and re-shoot.

I did not realize that you could right click on an app and "get inside" of it. Still dont know how those clips got there. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Peter Shwartz
on Aug 24, 2014 at 6:08:38 pm

Just in case either/both of you might see this, many thanks for Mark raising the issue here and Neil's "fix." Same thing happened to me today and I was just banging into dead ends.

Peter Shwartz
Dellaruth Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]