FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture scratch deleted certain files and duplicated others

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Yuhasz
Capture scratch deleted certain files and duplicated others
on Apr 5, 2012 at 2:59:28 am

My FCP file was working fine earlier today, and then just now I opened it up and several of my clips were offline, and some render files also. I did not rename or move anything, I barely touched my hard drive. I'm working from an external hard drive that is 500gb, but has plenty (257gb) space. I log and transfered my AVCHD folder from my camera, and everything was smooth during the editing process.

Then I opened it up to make a few adjustments. I got the message that some of my clips were offline, and when I went to reconnect them using "locate" it did not allow to pick the correct clips. So, I unchecked "matched name and reel only" and selected the clip, and got the error message "Some attributes..." blah blah blah. Basically, it was telling me that the file I selected was a different length than the file I was trying to reconnect.

So, I went into the capture scratch folder to look at each of the clips individually. The correct number of clips was in the folder. However, when I looked at each one, I noticed that some of the clips were all of a sudden duplicates of earlier ones. Turns out I lost about half of the clips I originally had from the start of the editing process.

What is going on? How can I fix? Is it possible to fix? How do I prevent this in the future?

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Capture scratch deleted certain files and duplicated others
on Apr 5, 2012 at 12:49:25 pm

Do you have some type of Server or Maintenance program running overnight? Sometimes these will index your files giving them a different Last Modified date which can throw off FCP when it tries to relink.
I can't think of an explanation for the duplication or deleted files.

Return to posts index

Jamie Yuhasz
Re: Capture scratch deleted certain files and duplicated others
on Apr 5, 2012 at 2:39:02 pm

I do not. And it wasn't overnight either. I plugged in my hard drive around 3:30pm to show my teacher what I had so far. Then safely quit Final Cut and ejected my hard drive. Then at 9:30pm I plugged it back in another computer with the same version of FCP, and my files were missing, duplicated, and rearranged. I did not do anything with my hard drive in between those two times.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]