FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Correction and exposure changes from AE to FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Valda
Color Correction and exposure changes from AE to FCP 7
on Apr 5, 2012 at 12:32:02 am

I did the color correction in AE 5 and then brought it back to FCP and the exposure changes,
its a gamma thing, but cant figure out how to fix this without redoing the color correwction, howe to make FCP interpret the right gamma ? also in FCP when some footage is in still (stoped) i looks darker , when i hit play it gets lighter (only while playing ) ... getting really confused , please help !!
Thank you

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Color Correction and exposure changes from AE to FCP 7
on Apr 5, 2012 at 1:46:46 am

What codec did you export the grade from AE as? Does your FCP sequence match that codec exactly? Did you need to render?

Gamma problems can be due to RGB versus YUV. If AE can export ProRes 422 there shouldn't be a problem.

Return to posts index

Gabriel Valda
on Apr 5, 2012 at 6:41:18 pm

Yes I exported Prorez HQ from AE , color changes in FCP a bit, cant find an option fro fcp to interpret footage as 2.2 gamma...

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
on Apr 6, 2012 at 1:35:55 am

Select the problem clip(s) and and press butterfly-9 to call up the Item Properties. From there you can force the gamma interpretation you want.

Return to posts index

Gabriel Valda
on Apr 6, 2012 at 3:42:59 am

thak you, i did try that before , please help , how can i change the gamma ? says gamma level but no options to change it!, on pics and other media (diferent format ) it says (source) and i can type 2.2. there, but all the footage does not have that option, i does not say source and no otion to type gamma level in... ...
Thank you

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 9, 2012 at 11:19:57 pm

Is the gamma changing on an external monitor? Depending on how you are monitoring both AE and FCP the difference may be just the computer monitors. You can't trust computer displays within software to be accurate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]