FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Crashing/Deleted Preferences

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Ashley
Final Cut Pro Crashing/Deleted Preferences
on Apr 4, 2012 at 2:25:04 am

Hi Guys. I'm new to Macs and to FCP, so I commend those who are active in this forum for providing sound, knowledgeable advice to those in need because I come here a lot. Here's my problem: I was having a new problem in that I was receiving an error message of "operation not allowed" when dragging a new clip to my time-line. I've never had this before so I did some research on the apple site and ended up following their advice of deleting my FCP user data and folders from my library/preferences. Immediately after doing so, I opened FCP which prompted me to choose my setup. I chose what I thought was best for me and my stuff, but FCP crashed repeatedly without ever actually opening again. I tried many different preferences, even those which made no sense for me and none of them helped. The thing is....I don't use a fire-wire or any external devices they mention with every preference. I use a Cannon Vixia HF S200 with memory cards. Am I missing something here? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved