Log & Transfer really slow in FCP 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
karen edwards
Log & Transfer really slow in FCP 6
on Apr 3, 2012 at 7:24:41 pm

Hi,

I have shot some footage on a Panasonic AF100. The footage is .MTS
The problem is when I Log & Transfer in FCP (version 6), the transfer is extremely slow (4mins footage took about 25mins to transfer). This is my first attempt at a tapeless work flow, so I checked out some video tutorials on CC which were useful. What I did notice was that the Log & Transfer Capture Presets on the tutorials presented you with a lot more options than on my FCP. I only have 2 capture preset options:
P2 Plugin that converts P2 AVC-Intra to Applie Pro Res 422 and (HQ),
and also AVCHD Plugin that can convert to Apple Pro Res 422 or Apple Intermediate Codec.

From my research I understand that I want to use the AVCHD Plugin. I'm worried I'm not using the right preset or I'm missing something, can anyone advise please? I've searched the forums but can't find anything that relates.

I'm using a MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.8, Processor 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, with an external Lacie d2 quardra drive connected via a Firewire 800.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Log & Transfer really slow in FCP 6
on Apr 3, 2012 at 8:03:55 pm

My tutorial was targeted at FCP 7, that has more options.

You want to look at the AVCHD options, not AVCintra...that's a different format entirely. And with FCP 6, the only option you have is ProRes 422.

4min took 26 min to transfer? Wow. Well, that AVCCAM (an AVCHD offshoot) was made after FCP 6...so it might cause FCP 6 to choke. Try ClipWrap2 and see how fast that it. There is a free demo.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]