FORUMS: list search recent posts

Different cameras, convertion before editing, deinterlace in Final or Compressor??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mawra Gonzalez
Different cameras, convertion before editing, deinterlace in Final or Compressor??
on Apr 2, 2012 at 12:49:35 am

First of all, thank all of you for your advices over the years! I follow some posts but in this case I want to be really sure so this is my first post…I just want to be sure that I’m doing the right thing before start editing.

I have different cameras to record a music video. I’ll end up making a DVD and I’ll probably upload a short video on a website. During this process I’ll use Final Cut Pro, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro and Color.

The cameras record in:
- JVC Everio GZ-HD6: 1920x1080i 25fps
- JVC Everio GZ-MG330AE: 720x576i 25fps (16:9 aspect)
- An additional camera which records: 1280x720 (16:9 aspect) 30fps

Firstly, I think I have to convert the footage before bring it to Final with Compressor or MPEG Streamclip and I guess I have to take HD footage to 720x576 but I’m not sure. I realize that eventually it’ll end up in a DVD but I want to preserve the quality, what is the best option? What about 30fps – 25fps? Which setting could be better in FCP?

Secondly, I read that Final Cut Pro is not the best option to make an deinterlace but I prefer to hear your expert opinions about it . I want to export from Final, take to Compressor and then carry to DVD Studio so I think maybe Compressor make that job. I just don’t want to expose the footage to so many conversions if they are useless.

Sorry for this long post, but my experience editing says that is better have things clear… because along the way brand new problems always arise.

Your help would be very much appreciated!!! Apologize for any english spelling mistakes… I'm trying do my best!!

Regards,
Mawra

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]