FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-Syncing Audio to Existing Assembly

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Sales
Re-Syncing Audio to Existing Assembly
on Mar 31, 2012 at 11:57:39 pm

Hi guys, I imported some clips only to find the digital audio I need to sync to isn't on the drive. My director has a copy but it'd be late in the week before we could meet and it's be too big to transfer. I would like to get a start on a cut as soon as possible. Is there any way I can start my cut, then reconnect later to sub-clips, or any other method. I'm sure I could reconnect transcoded clips but that would take too much space (I don't have), and time. Any suggestions??

Thanks!! P.S. I'm working in FCP7.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Re-Syncing Audio to Existing Assembly
on Apr 1, 2012 at 12:00:34 am

FedEx? Courier?

Return to posts index

Barry Sales
on Apr 1, 2012 at 12:06:58 am

That wasn't in the budget. I didn't think there was a way but figured it was worth a shot to ask. Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 1, 2012 at 2:30:57 am

How much audio? I would just drop box it. You can easily upload 5 or six hours of audio in a standard acct. Otherwise I don't understand fully what you're trying to do. You're not trying to edit with h264s I hope.

Return to posts index

Barry Sales
on Apr 1, 2012 at 4:58:56 am

Hey Bret. I've got a solution. But for future consideration--I was looking for a way to reference sub-clips as my source. My plan was to make my cut, then (for lack of better term) reconnect them to the sub-clips with new audio. Is there anyway to do that within the application?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 1, 2012 at 5:59:32 pm

I dunno. I don't use sub clips. Hardly ever. But media references files on the drive. Not sub clips. Sub clips are just nice little ways to pair down a long chunk of media. Sounds like you've just got the wrong audio or just the camera audio that's with the clips, and someone else has the nice audio. Generally I'd use plural eyes or manually pair the clips up with their audio before edit. If there's a ton of footage for a short project, I might just manually sync it all up as a last step.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]