FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewer and canvas quality drop in Fcp7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bell
Viewer and canvas quality drop in Fcp7
on Mar 31, 2012 at 4:33:16 am

I have converted footage to pro res 422 LT when I cut and transfer it to the canvas the quality drops and I dont know what to do what are the settings I need to resolve this issue its driving me nuts

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Viewer and canvas quality drop in Fcp7
on Mar 31, 2012 at 9:11:08 am

Exactly what was the video that you started with? Codec, frame size, frame rate? Same question about the Prores clips. What are your Sequence Settings?

Return to posts index

Michael Bell
on Apr 1, 2012 at 10:43:49 am

hi...The Profile settings on the converter are: Apple prores 422(LT), Size: 1920x1080, 25Fps
The sequence settings are: Frame size 720x576, Aspect ratio: CCIR 601/DVpal(5:4), Pixe; Aspect Ratio:Pal-CCIR 601 (720x576), hope this helps, I know once its set I should never have to change it again as I will Be using the same camera, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Apr 1, 2012 at 11:26:46 am

Check the "Auto Conform Sequence" setting, in the menu Final Cut Pro> User Preferences> Editing Tab. Choose Ask.

Create a new sequence, drop one of the Prores clips into the new sequence. When it asks you about matching sequence settings and external video to match the clips select YES.

How does playback look?

Again, what was the original source of video? A camera you'll be using regularly right?

Return to posts index

Michael Bell
on Apr 1, 2012 at 5:38:57 pm

Hi....Great Thanks for that it works, the camera I am using is the Canon 600D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]