FORUMS: list search recent posts

Equipment for FCP voiceover narration

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Ingalls
Equipment for FCP voiceover narration
on Mar 29, 2012 at 6:15:23 pm

Normally, when I have someone record narration for a Final Cut Pro package, I either use a small H2 audio recorder and then plug the recorder into the computer and upload the audio file into Final Cut.

Sometimes, I record the narration into a camera using a Sennheiser wireless microphone and then put the camera's card into the computer and upload it to Final Cut.

I'm trying to make this less complicated by recording directly into Final Cut. I've never really used the FCP voiceover function until now. I tried it with a cheap Audio Technica mini plug lavalier microphone, but the audio level was too low and there was a lot of hiss. Maybe because the level can't be altered from the mic itself?

I'm thinking about plugging my Sennheiser wireless mic directly into the computer, using the following XLR-to-miniplug adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Microphones-Professional-Recording-Headpho...

Has anyone had any luck with this particular procedure? I really want the voiceover aspect of my editing to be more self-contained.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Mike Kahn
Re: Equipment for FCP voiceover narration
on Mar 29, 2012 at 7:08:50 pm

This is what I use and a lot of other facilities:
http://www.bluemic.com/snowball/

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Equipment for FCP voiceover narration
on Mar 29, 2012 at 10:52:46 pm

Personally, I would continue using the H2.Firstly it is so simple and portable. Secondly it is designed to have a mic you already own plugged in. FCP's VO tool is pretty awful and if you want to use a computer and have some control over the signal, then Sound Track Pro makes a better VO record tool.

Unless you need to do VO to picture, I still think the Zoom would be easier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]