FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDMI out only

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Bowden
HDMI out only
on Mar 29, 2012 at 1:10:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm wanting to add a 32inch Samsung 1080p TV into the mix with FCP. At the moment I'm running duel display monitors for bins, timeline etc.

I only want to use the TV for full screen Viewing so clients etc can see it "all lovely and big". I'm aware the blackmagic intensity will do the trick but it's got loads of stuff with HDMI in etc that I simply don't need. Does any one know of a streamlined graphics card that will kick the signal out? Perhaps buying a DVI card and converting the signal to HDMI would be better?

All suggestions greatly appreciated. Really a simply HDMI out PCI card would be great.

Cheers,

Lawrie

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: HDMI out only
on Mar 29, 2012 at 1:48:30 pm

I think the issue that you will have is that computer graphics cards and video IO cards are very distinctly different.

Computer graphics cards dont adhere to video specification well, have issues with interlacing and all kinds of other quirks that can impact on what your client and you see.

I would say that in order to make any kind of meaningful judgement about how your pictures look then you need to get a basic video based IO that interfaces properly with FCP.

I think the BM intesity is pretty much one of the cheapest options to do this.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Mar 29, 2012 at 2:08:15 pm

[Lawrence Bowden] "I'm aware the blackmagic intensity will do the trick but it's got loads of stuff with HDMI in etc that I simply don't need."

You clients are well worth the $200, and should you ever decide to get a true broadcast monitor the Intensity will serve you well.

Meanwhile, Neil is correct, a video signal is whole different enchilada from the signal out of your computer graphics card.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com
Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 29, 2012 at 4:06:05 pm

A PCI graphics card with HDMI (for example the PC Radeon 5770 flashed to Mac) will still cost you around $200. Go for the intensity pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]