FORUMS: list search recent posts

Codec not found.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brad hebert
Codec not found.
on Mar 29, 2012 at 5:54:08 am

I took a drive home from work, installed the same version of Final Cut and when I open the project and try to render the video it says "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card." I'm guessing that means that the video card in my MacBook Pro can't render ProRes 422 HQ in Final Cut?

How do I know what formats my card will work with?

I changed the sequence to HDV, and it seems to be rendering. So I'll edit that way and switch back to ProRes at work, right?

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Codec not found.
on Mar 29, 2012 at 12:28:03 pm

[brad hebert] " I took a drive home from work, installed the same version of Final Cut and when I open the project and try to render the video it says "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card." I'm guessing that means that the video card in my MacBook Pro can't render ProRes 422 HQ in Final Cut?"

Brad, FCP/QT does ProRes (all flavors) without a problem. The "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card" refers to a hardware card such as from AJA or Black Magic.

Meanwhile, can you be more specific? Which version of FCP? You installed the proapps, did you run software update? Was the footage HDV? Is it prores? How did it get to be prores at work?

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Editor/Author/Speaker/Consulting
My NAB seminar schedule, contact info and more

Return to posts index

brad hebert
Re: Codec not found.
on Mar 29, 2012 at 2:32:23 pm

The video files and sequence were ProRes 422 HQ. I just started a new job and use a computer system that was already set up. I'm not aware of any special hardware card. Now that I have manually checked for updates on my home computer, I see a proapps update. Maybe that's all I need to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]