FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding notes to markers so the notes are visible on the timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Shaw
Adding notes to markers so the notes are visible on the timeline
on Mar 28, 2012 at 4:29:57 pm

Hi I'm currently editing an interview on Final Cut and at the moment I'm adding markers by double tapping the M key and putting the question number in the 'Name' field and then putting the question itself in the 'Comments' field. The only drawback is if I want to see the question I have to move the timeline to the marker, which is attached to a clip, and then double click it in order for it to appear in the viewer.
In After Effects the markers appear on the timeline itself WITH the text.

Is there anyway to do this in Final Cut so that I can see "Question 7" or even the number 7 itself appear where the markers are so I don't have to keep double clicking on the clips and messing about with the clips. I can just see all of them at once. I know I can press a shortcut that lets me quickly go through the markers, but I have several different clips and that shortcut only works if you have several markers in one clip (although I would love to be proved wrong with that theory).

I have hours of footage and this will really save me time.

Thanks in advance

Chris Shaw

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Adding notes to markers so the notes are visible on the timeline
on Mar 29, 2012 at 12:40:41 am

You will need to extend the marker across the entire clip in order to see your notes.
Option ~

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Chris Shaw
Re: Adding notes to markers so the notes are visible on the timeline
on Mar 29, 2012 at 8:36:05 am

Awesome thanks for the tip, it's so much easier than having to move to exactly where the marker is. Still not as good as AE but this is a HUGE timesaver.

Thank you very much

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]