FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Error: "Status: Failed - 3x should not be auto-detect at this point"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reid Bingham
Compressor Error: "Status: Failed - 3x should not be auto-detect at this point"
on Mar 28, 2012 at 3:14:50 am

Hello everyone

I am encountering a strange Compressor fail that I cannot figure out. I have been transcoding tons of footage to m2v to create a DVD and seemingly out of the blue Compressor has decided to start failing batches and giving me the following status:

Status: Failed - 3x should not be auto-detect at this point

Some background information on what I am doing. I am taking NTSC Widescreen footage (that was downconverted from HD) and turning them into m2v's for a DVD project. I have been literally transcoding these same 6 files over and over with slightly different settings the past two days and have done nothing but change my physical location a few times.

I googled the status and all I got were three different forum posts with no answers from 08,09,10. Some of their problems are similar but nothing helped.

In terms of trouble shooting so far I have deleted Final Cut pref files, even the com.apple.final cut/compressor files (idk if that does anything, do they?). I reset Compressors background processing, turned off the Virtual Clusters I set up a while ago, verified/repaired disk permissions on the external HD I am using (a Glyph) as well as running disk warrior for good measure, and did several hard reboots to boot.

Does anyone have any idea of what this could possibly be? If you've read this far, thank you so much for your time! I truly appreciate this message board and wealth of knowledge found here.

Thanks again!
-Reid

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Compressor Error: "Status: Failed - 3x should not be auto-detect at this point"
on Mar 28, 2012 at 4:05:37 am

I hate when that happens.

I suspect the "downconverted" files are corrupt or edgy enough to not work.
Have you tried rebuilding them? i.e. recompressing them to the same format first?

Might try exporting them from FCP making them self contained, using current settings, and turn on the "recompress all frames" checkbox. Then give it another go. Try on one file first?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Reid Bingham
Re: Compressor Error: "Status: Failed - 3x should not be auto-detect at this point"
on Mar 28, 2012 at 2:46:33 pm

Thanks for the response Jerry! I think you may be right about things getting corrupted, I have been playing ping pong with my files over a few hard drives and maybe something got messed up.

After some transcoding tests I found that the custom presets I made for this project will not work with any other file but the files for this project will work with Compressor's MPEG2 presets, so in the meanwhile as a quick fix I will just remake the presets and not the files.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]