FORUMS: list search recent posts

Additive Dissolve disappears when rendered - multitrack video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxim Drygin
Additive Dissolve disappears when rendered - multitrack video
on Mar 27, 2012 at 11:53:37 am

Surfing Google and Creative Cow in desperate attempts to solve an additive dissolve problem that I am stuck with, no luck as yet - hope anyone has the answer?

2 video tracks, the shot of the upper one starts with start-on 4 frames additive dissolve which blends perfectly with the shot of the below track that started earlier - only while previewing!

When rendered or exported as QT movie, the previously nice looking additive dissolve turns into a simple cross dissolve with no signs of the additive flash with overexposed highlights that I was keen on achieving.

Problem is solved when I put both pieces onto the same track and add an additive dissolve in between the two shots - but I can't believe everyone in the world cuts the material with additive dissolves using one track sequential approach only, no multitracking?

Appreciate any input on this, ladies and gents.

Maxim

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Additive Dissolve disappears when rendered - multitrack video
on Mar 27, 2012 at 6:21:16 pm

Maxim, what you can't imagine is what more editors than not do... I do it that way always, and use the effects editor to adjust rather than slip slide video around...

Probably a bug in the way your setting it up with two tracks... should have worked, but doesn't. At least you've a work around.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Maxim Drygin
Re: Additive Dissolve disappears when rendered - multitrack video
on Apr 5, 2012 at 8:58:27 am

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the response though not clear what you meant by ' is what more editors than not do'.

Any other ideas, anyone?

Just to repeat briefly:
- have multiple tracks with v1 main and several v2, 3, 4, with very short cutaways each starting with 4 frames additive dissolve
- preview looks neat with overexposed flashes when any of the v2 etc blends into v1.
- when rendered or exported, additive disappears revealing only weak and short cross dissolve which is not what I was after

Question: do I always have to have the additive dissolve of two shots on the same video track? Or it is a bug with fcp7.0.3, and everyone else enjoys adding additive dissolve to multiple tracks above the one being cut away - but me?

Thanks in advance

Max

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]