FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Flickering on Video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Arrowsmith
Green Flickering on Video
on Mar 25, 2012 at 5:02:51 pm

I've been editing a music video in Final Cut Pro.
It has gone well, until watching back the final export, there is lots of green flickering on it. I noticed this whilst editing, but thought it might clear itself up once it had exported. (Clearly it's not that clever!)
So I am quite angry at having spent £1,200 on both an iMac and Final Cut Pro to have flickering on my music video.
I have also loaded in some other footage and that seems to work without the green flickering, although I did have to convert it with Smart Converter because Mac did not recognise .MTS on the videos.
(Even though apple is supposed to speak every language) again, a great fail on apple's part and a big fat lie in that Mac speaks all languages and PC doesn't . My PC understands it!
Any help?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Green Flickering on Video
on Mar 25, 2012 at 5:52:21 pm

[Ross Arrowsmith] "I did have to convert it with Smart Converter because Mac did not recognise .MTS on the videos."

Ross,

FCP is old, dead, end of life software, and it's only role in your scenario is that it forced you to transcode your .MTS footage, which apparently did not go well for you.

Whether the underlying issue is the software you used to transcode the .MTS files, or your own inexperience using it, none of us can say. However, the green flickering has nothing whatsoever to do with FCP, and blaming it for your issues will not solve a thing or get you closer to your goal on your current project.

Perhaps you should try Clipwrap, an app used by many pros - there's a free demo on their site: http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap.

Hope this helps...

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com
Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Ross Arrowsmith
on Mar 25, 2012 at 6:15:28 pm

Thanks David,
The files converted with Smart Converter worked fine in iMovie and when I played them back on Quicktime, and I downloaded the trial for clipwrap, but still on Final Cut the problem remained.
But thanks for your help, do you know anything else I could try?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Mar 25, 2012 at 7:13:30 pm

[Ross Arrowsmith] "do you know anything else I could try?"

I'm stumped! Clipwrap only rewraps the original, doesn't even transcode it, so if you're still having a green flicker issue that's very strange.

If you'd like to post a short clip here (preferably one re-wrapped in Clipwrap) for download (use the floppy disk icon above the message window), I'll check it for you here.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com
Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]