FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Media Mananger issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bigda
FCP Media Mananger issues
on Mar 23, 2012 at 5:25:57 pm

I am using FCP 7 on a Mac OSX with my media being stored on a external hard drive. I want to back up some of my projects using the media manager and it doesnt seem to be working the way it should. My projects are around 100 gb and it doesnt seem to be shrinking them down. It appears that it is not deleting any of the media that has not been used. I check the settings to delete all unused media and handles of used media. I ended up converting the avi files to mp4 and it dropped the project from 100gb to 50gb. It still didnt delete the unused media. Can anyone help me out?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP Media Mananger issues
on Mar 23, 2012 at 5:47:24 pm

Your footage needs to have REEL numbers in order for FCP to Media Manage and pair it down to what is used in the project. Timecode and Reel numbers are very important for media management.

BTW, FCP doesn't work with AVI nor MP4 footage very well. You must have had a dickens of a time editing...constantly rendering and poor playback. Footage you intend to use in FCP needs to be converted to a format you see listed in the EASY SETUP list. DV, DV50, ProRes, etc

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]