FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating a masterfile with pre-made dolby e

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael stirling
creating a masterfile with pre-made dolby e
on Mar 22, 2012 at 3:51:01 pm

hi

I have to render out a file for a client with stereo (on 1 and 2) and dolby e (on 3and 4). The dolby has been encoded elsewhere and I've been provided with the 2 files that are sync'd. I only have a stereo set-up so can't monitor the dolby e (it's just white noise) to check which isn't ideal but in this case I'll have to let it go.

What I want to know is if I render a ProRes file with 2 x stereo tracks will the dolby e come through the render unscathed and decode ok on a HDCam deck ?

Thanks

mike

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
Re: creating a masterfile with pre-made dolby e
on Mar 26, 2012 at 4:43:55 pm

Hi Mike,

As long as you don't do anything to alter the audio information itself, there should be no problem at all. Adding the tracks and exporting shouldn't do anything to affect the audio. It's wise to ensure you maintain the exact same bit-depth and sampling rate, though it can be possible to get away with that. You could even just add the tracks to a stereo ProRes export in QTPro if the timings are exactly on, which you have to trust they are since you can't really monitor. If ever there are issues with your export and it gets flagged, you may be able to get the post house that did the Dolby E for you to integrate it to the file themselves. A bit costlier, but the responsibility is on them and they can monitor. All in all, it should work fine.

IHTH,

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]