FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need filter that can take image, apply composite transfer modes.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Need filter that can take image, apply composite transfer modes.
on Mar 21, 2012 at 9:03:20 pm

I am looking for a filter that can take an image and set that image to be in a specific composite mode.

My current setup of many images on my sequence:

Nested: [V2] Composite image, [V1] still frame doesn't allow me to just add time to the nested sequence by pulling the tail. This is annoying when I have lots of nested images in this way
.I have it nested by the way because I apply additional filters to the nested item that will not look correct if I apply only to the still frame or composite image.

I thought having a filter that took my composite image and has transfer modes built in will allow me to make timing changes as needed without having to constantly opening the nested sequence.

Hope this makes sense.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Need filter that can take image, apply composite transfer modes.
on Mar 21, 2012 at 9:26:00 pm

Sounds like you need to do two things:
1) open the nested comp, change its duration to something longer, and extend the layers' out points
2) look into the AE feature known as Edit This, Look At That (ETLAT). You find a detailed how-to in AE's online help. It's easy to find by using the search term ETLAT.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Oops!
on Mar 21, 2012 at 9:53:10 pm

Sorry, that advice is germaine to an After Effects user, not an FCP user. Forgot where I was.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
Re: Oops!
on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:26:31 pm

No problem. I use Motion more anyway. perhaps I'll look there to do this instead, but I was really trying not to have to leave Final Cut Pro for this.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Oops!
on Mar 21, 2012 at 11:09:31 pm

You could make a quicktime movie of the nest and then apply filters and change the clip's composite mode. Don't know if you can change composite mode to a nest. I hate nests and usually avoid them and this is one way to do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]