FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 Sound for Quicktime delivery

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin Chan
5.1 Sound for Quicktime delivery
on Mar 20, 2012 at 11:47:23 pm

Hi,
Our distributor wants a QT master of a finished feature doc with 5.1 mix. I've done this with a 6 track 5.1 printmaster, but the sound mixer has delivered 30 5.1 tracks (L,R,C,LFE,Ls,Rs) each for the Comp, DX, FX, M&E, and MX. Sorry if this is a simple question, but how do I get these 30 tracks into a 6 track layout? I tried laying all the track in the FCP sequence and assigning the audio outputs to the correct tracks 1-6, and exporting a quicktime, but the LFE,Ls,Rs (tracks 4,5,6 in the exported quicktime) don't contain any audio. I also tried exporting by sending to Compressor and in that case tracks 5 and 6 did not have audio. What am I doing wrong? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

FCP 7.0

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 5.1 Sound for Quicktime delivery
on Mar 21, 2012 at 12:10:05 am

This is something you need to do in Soundtrack Pro...or ProTools, or Logic. An Audio app...not video app.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ken Conrad
on Mar 21, 2012 at 6:40:55 pm

So they did not give you a final 6 tracks with just the final mix? DX,FX, and M&E are for deliverables if they want to make changes later... I am not sure what the Comp and MX are.

Is there not one set that contains just the final mix?

you should not have to mix them nor would i think your mixer would want you to.. they are usually pretty picky about that

Return to posts index

Erin Chan
on Mar 21, 2012 at 6:52:31 pm

Hi,
Thanks, I got the 6 final 5.1 mix files from the sound guy so it's all good. Appreciate the replies.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 22, 2012 at 12:09:17 am

All the other audio deliverables should be on a DVDRom or external drive. For audio reversioning sound facilities want those files as wavs, not quicktimes so only the final mix should be in the video quicktime

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]