FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 60D DSLR 720p/60fps workflow: Cinema Tools and Twixtor in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fernando Bobadilla
Canon 60D DSLR 720p/60fps workflow: Cinema Tools and Twixtor in FCP 7
on Mar 20, 2012 at 10:57:41 pm

I'm working hard to figure out this workflow, but I'm just not getting it..

I'm shooting in two formats: 1080p/24fps and 720p/60fps; I'm shooting in 1080 for the sake of higher quality, and I'm shooting in 720 for a smooth slow motion technique - my goal is to incorporate both formats together to create a video in FCP 7 like this:

The behind-the-scenes video to the respective video is here:

To me, it looks like they're using a DSLR with the 720p/60fps capability (or potentially a higher frame rate).

Using Twixtor:

I log and transfer the 720p footage, and then use Cinema Tools to "conform" the footage to a video rate of 24 (fps? i don't know)... Yet, then when I drag it into my sequence 1, my FCP 7 automatically prompts me to change the sequence settings to match that of the clips - I hit ok.

I create a new sequence called "slow motion"; then, I go back to my original clip, the "conformed" clip, and put it in the "slow motion" sequence; this is where I apparently have to copy and paste the clip over and over to the length of what I want the slow motion to be. I do so. After, I drag the "slow motion" sequence into sequence 1, to use Twixtor on top of the "slow motion" sequence/clip - before I am able to do that, I get an error prompt: "you cannot nest sequences with different timebases together"; so it doesn't allow me to get as far as applying Twixtor to anything..

And that brings me to my next question... How could I incorporate 1080p footage with 720p (slow motion) footage, if sequences and such can't be put together..?

I tried using the Twixtor demo on a clip using a different workflow, and it came out choppy, not smooth at all, which makes me think I'm not doing something right..

Someone, please help me - I'd be glad to pay an expert for lessons, to teach me how to create a video like the one i mentioned above.

- Nando

Return to posts index

Ed Stahr
Re: Canon 60D DSLR 720p/60fps workflow: Cinema Tools and Twixtor in FCP 7
on Mar 21, 2012 at 3:26:02 pm

There is a good tutorial here on the Cow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved