FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a fast Zoom In

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
Creating a fast Zoom In
on Mar 20, 2012 at 8:58:26 pm

Okay... I will set up the shot and then ask you guys for advice...

Kid is holding a fake torch... I have added a flame to it with motion. Now, I am back in FCP 7 with my MBP with the footage. The shot is about waistline to top of head. I am wanting to now add a very fast zoom that goes right into the flame and that will be my "cut" to the next footage which is of the kid's village burning down (intense I know).

Could someone walk me thru how to add that very fast zoom in to the flame...
thanks
jared

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Creating a fast Zoom In
on Mar 20, 2012 at 9:38:58 pm

If you add the flame in Motion, you can also fake the zoom into it in Motion. It will almost certainly look better than doing it in FCP.

Sorry, but I can't provide a how-to, because I'd do the shot in After Effects and not Motion.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave Farrants
on Mar 20, 2012 at 10:10:02 pm

In your FCP Effects folder, 3D Transitions, Cross Zoom - put the centre point on the torch.

Return to posts index

Jared Smith
on Mar 21, 2012 at 12:57:42 am

hey man thanks so much for the 3d cross dissolve advice... that is exactly what i am looking for... my problem is that it is only allowing me to put that transition either on the first cut of the clip or the end of the clip... i can't get it to line up in the middle of the clip...

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Mar 21, 2012 at 2:37:26 am

Blade the clip where you want the zoom and put the transition there

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Return to posts index

Jared Smith
on Mar 21, 2012 at 2:48:06 am

I did that but it zooms back out... i tried to put a cut within the transition and that did nothing... sorry guys but thanks for not giving up

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 21, 2012 at 5:10:42 am

Think outside the box. Put the transition on layer 1. Above it on v2, cut to whatever you want. Even a couple frames dissolve instead of a cut. You won't see the second half of your lower transition because its covered by content on v2..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]