FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colour correcting hell

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Speller
Colour correcting hell
on Mar 20, 2012 at 8:27:46 pm

I have never ran into this problem but with my luck it happened to come upon an important project I will include a couple screen shot to show you my problem, I applied 3 way colour corrector to a clip and adjusted my levels accordingly. The image looked great in the viewer and on both monitors Im working on, The standard I use to export is a H.264 Quick Time Movie, single pass, best quality, NTSC 720 x 486 16:9 (1280x 720 for final exports). I have used this several times and never have I had such a dramatic shift in picture quality from the timeline to the export. Please has anyone ran into this problem before??

This is the Raw file

This is what it looks like in FCP after Coulour correction and being played on the time line

And this is what it ends up looking like being played in QT/youtube

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Colour correcting hell
on Mar 20, 2012 at 10:34:43 pm

looking at his shirt i'd say that there was a boost in the video gain when send to QT/youtube.
maybe your levels are a little too hot on your timeline.

Return to posts index

Shawn Speller
on Mar 21, 2012 at 3:57:47 pm

I have tryed darkening the clip, but it turns out quite the same, to me it almost looks like the filter isn't coming out through the export.

Return to posts index

Shawn Speller
on Mar 21, 2012 at 6:46:24 pm

Ok another thing with this is that when I play back the clip in the canvas it looks fine, when I pause it, well it looks horrible, does this ring a bell to anyone?

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Mar 21, 2012 at 9:26:48 pm

just above your canvas, tic on the little box in the upper right and make sure it is set to black....not white not checkerboard.

Return to posts index

Shawn Speller
on Mar 21, 2012 at 9:35:36 pm

I did see that suggested in a similar thread and checked it out and i always have it set to a black bg. I also saw a post maybe suggesting my processer speed but that wouldn't account for the poor export quality would it? plus i looked into something suggesting it would be my monitor which seems unlikely at this point.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:00:52 pm

did you convert your footage to prores422 before editing.?

Return to posts index

Shawn Speller
on Mar 27, 2012 at 1:21:29 pm

This is my standard setting for log and transfer, would that do it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]