FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrading to Lion-any ill effects on FCS 2?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Upgrading to Lion-any ill effects on FCS 2?
on Mar 19, 2012 at 9:34:36 pm

Hey Guys Im thinking about upgrading my system to from Snow Lep to Lion however Im concerned on what it will do you my software. IE I heard Livetyoe will no longer work after installing Lion and so forth.....Im only upgrading cause I need to keep my.me email address. Thoughts...

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Upgrading to Lion-any ill effects on FCS 2?
on Mar 19, 2012 at 10:29:12 pm

As far as I know Lion doesn't work with FCS2. Search this forum as I am sure this has been discussed before.

You can always partition and install Lion and dual boot. I would leave a working FCS system alone and not upgrade anything as legacy software will not get any fixes from Apple when updates break things.

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Mar 19, 2012 at 11:10:21 pm

[Michael Gissing] "As far as I know Lion doesn't work with FCS2"

Its running on my friends MAc with lion fine. But Livetype is no longer working...Err And sorry I meant Final Cut Studio 3

I wear many hats.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 20, 2012 at 12:20:15 am

FCS 3 runs fine in lion.
I believe Live Type was not in FCS 3, it was discontinued after FCS 2, though if you had it installed FCS 3 would leave it in place and it could still be used.
The Lion install might delete the Live Type QuickTime Component. Not sure... It might be PPC code. Lion does not have Rosetta for PPC compatibility.

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Mar 20, 2012 at 12:38:28 am

Good to know. Didnt want completely ruin my system and workflow. Why did they back us into a corner like this? anyway thanks for assuring me the FCS 3 works fine. :) Im assuming CS5.5 runs fine as well.

I wear many hats.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Mar 20, 2012 at 1:07:09 am

LiveType works perfectly fine on my FCS 3 and Lion.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Dave Farrants
on Mar 20, 2012 at 6:37:46 am

I ran Dual Boot (SL & L) for 3 months then did a clean install of Lion, FCS3 works fine with Lion and so does Livetype, just pop the FCS2 disk in, explore the contents, unpack the LT application and drag to the Final Cut Studio Application folder in Lion. Do a backup of all your LT templates first though, then create a folder in Lion - Library/Application Support/Livetype and drop all your templates, LiveFonts etc in there.

Return to posts index

alex D
on Mar 21, 2012 at 9:22:02 am

Just to let know i had troubles for conformation of 50 p clips in cinema tools... the soft wouldn t open... Conformable in after effects tough onterpreting the footage... a Lil loss of time... Opening the gate of time remap tough!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]