FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to extract extras

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Makichuk
Need to extract extras
on Mar 19, 2012 at 4:52:30 pm

Doing a 40's director proposal, need to extract trailer from 40's movie. Not sure how to do this exactly, I've used streamclip but not for extras.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Need to extract extras
on Mar 19, 2012 at 6:24:23 pm

Inside the TS folder there should be a VOB file for the extras content.
You would have to do a bit of trial and error to see which one to open but you should find it.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Juan Manuel
on Mar 19, 2012 at 6:58:58 pm

If you have a PC around, or Windows running in your mac, you can use an old freeware called DVD Decrypter to extract just the extras

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Mar 19, 2012 at 10:16:05 pm

Thanks all very simple too. One other thing, I'm going to edit a mix of HD 1080i and 4:3 DVD video and b&w stills. Not sure format should I use for final product to dvd? Seems like 16:9 would be one choice?

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Mar 19, 2012 at 11:32:24 pm

Since you are questioning 16x9 or not for your DVD I assume you are considering editing this propsal film in Standard def.
That actually makes a lot of sense especially if viewing will be on a DVD and as the 4x3 DVD source will suffer like hell getting to HD only to be resized back to SD for a DVD looking much worse for the journey.

I would probably edit in SD 16x9 and then either pillarbox the 4x3 or zoom in to it if it looks like it can handle it quality wise.

Plug-ins like Neat Video could help you de-noise the DVD footage.

Hopefully you will get a commision and then go HD and hopefully get better source for your archive.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]