FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple ProRes export havoc

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arahman Sa
Apple ProRes export havoc
on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:29:40 am

As the subject suggests, I have tried exporting my video with Apple ProRes. However, it turned out that the disk space (15GB) that was available on my disk was not enough so the export stopped at over 80%, which took out all the disk space available. I deleted the exported file but no more than 1GB was removed and the disk remains virtually full. May I know what the problem is? Why is the disk space still full if I have deleted the exported file that took all of the space? I must be missing something and I would really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Jim Glickert
Re: Apple ProRes export havoc
on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:58:48 am

When you say you "deleted" the exported file, I'm assuming you simply moved it to the Trash bin. That step alone does not free up the disk space taken up by the file. In order to regain that disk space, you need to take it one step further and empty the Trash bin (Finder > Empty Trash). Files in the Trash bin still exist. That's why we can--thankfully, at times--recover files from the Trash that we later discover we still want or need. (And that's why I wait a long period of time until emptying the trash bin. Once you do, those files are gone for good.)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Apple ProRes export havoc
on Mar 19, 2012 at 1:21:00 am

It is advisable to avoid using more than 90% of your drive. Apart from issues like running out of space, performance drops when drives get full.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]