FORUMS: list search recent posts

5d mkii footage - will prores 422 HQ take significantly longer than prores 422 LT? Easy to switch out after?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Boone
5d mkii footage - will prores 422 HQ take significantly longer than prores 422 LT? Easy to switch out after?
on Mar 18, 2012 at 9:22:45 pm

I'm on a tight deadline and had no idea I had to transcode all my 5d footage.

Will it take a lot longer to transcode to prores 422 HQ rather than LT?

If it does take longer, how hard is it to switch out the LT footage later with HQ stuff? I feel like its something that sounds really easy but I might get error messages.. I need to choose quick.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: 5d mkii footage - will prores 422 HQ take significantly longer than prores 422 LT? Easy to switch out after?
on Mar 18, 2012 at 9:39:59 pm

Just use ProRes422 so there is no offline/online step. HQ offers no improvement over 422 for 5D source material. Hard drives are really cheap so just Log & Transfer per Shane's tutorial to 1920 x 1080 ProRes422. It is pretty quick and much quicker than trying to edit H264 with poor performance and constant rendering

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: 5d mkii footage - will prores 422 HQ take significantly longer than prores 422 LT? Easy to switch out after?
on Mar 18, 2012 at 9:41:42 pm

Just use ProRes 422 and no offline/online will be necessary.

The "unnecessary do-over" as I like to call it is pointless. You may save minutes and add hours...

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com
Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 19, 2012 at 1:52:29 am

If you are on right deadlines and don't want to transcode, look into Abobe Premiere or FCX.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Mar 19, 2012 at 2:00:21 am

[Shane Ross] "If you are on right deadlines and don't want to transcode, look into Abobe Premiere or FCX."

Of course, both have a learning curve that will most likely affect your ability to meet that looming deadline. :)

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com
Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 19, 2012 at 3:43:11 am

Well, Premiere is so dang close to how FCP works, even has FCP keyboard layouts, that it's a short curve. But one would hope you'd take time to learn the app before you get the crushing deadline projects.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]