FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP S2 Project File Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
FCP S2 Project File Issue
on Mar 16, 2012 at 8:21:43 pm

Has anyone seen a FCP project that's just HUGE? My typical project size is anywhere from 750k to 15mb. I am working on one now that is 462mb and FCP is having a tough time doing anything with it. Very important to open it, it's 11- :30 spots that have to be reworked.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott
OSX 10.5.5
Quad 2.5Ghz
8.5 GB RAM
Final Cut Studio 7.03
HPX 2000

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP S2 Project File Issue
on Mar 16, 2012 at 8:46:27 pm

I just happened to have this quote from Shane Ross laying around:

"SInce my DVD on this topic is no longer for sale (sold out, and the NLE is now EOL)...

"As stated, divide the project into multiple parts. One project for the sequences, one for the footage, one for music and sound effects. One for stock footage. Part of the power of FCP comes from the ability to open multiple projects at one time."

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Mar 16, 2012 at 9:03:04 pm

This is great moving forward, but if the project with all the sequences gets messed up like this one did, the result would be the same: project that you can't use.

Has this happened to you? I have probably 500 projects on this one computer, and some of them are real bears- multiple sequences with literally dozens of spot ; I have edited in FCP since 2003 and have never seen this before, so I'm a little thrown- and a little panicked, since I have to have this done by Tuesday.

Scott
OSX 10.5.5
Quad 2.5Ghz
8.5 GB RAM
Final Cut Studio 7.03
HPX 2000

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 16, 2012 at 9:23:45 pm

Do you duplicate sequences when you make changes? that will add up to a lot of sequences. Instead of doing that, duplicate the project and have only one sequence in it.

Do you have a lot of titles...using FCP's title tools? that also adds to the project size, as that is internal data, not media files.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]