FORUMS: list search recent posts

PIX 240 files for Final Cut Pro 7 Log and Transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen McCarthy
PIX 240 files for Final Cut Pro 7 Log and Transfer
on Mar 16, 2012 at 10:55:35 am

I'm testing the Sound Devices PIX240 for a client who depends of Log and Capture as a vital step in their workflow for tight-turnaround projects. Thus far, though I'm able to drag-and-drop .mov files into the Browser window, when i try to mount in L&C I get the message ""001" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media." Am I doing something wrong in initializing the Pix media or is there a plug in I'm missing here? Pix support site has a step-by-step for Avid AMA but I'm not finding any info on FCP L&C.

best,

Stephen McCarthy
Director of Photography
Boston/NYC

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: PIX 240 files for Final Cut Pro 7 Log and Transfer
on Mar 16, 2012 at 2:45:25 pm

Well, in googling this device I see that it records directly to Quicktime..either ProRes (for FCP) or DNxHD (for Avid). This is actually BETTER than Log and Transfer...it records directly to a format that FCP work with. Just copy the Quicktimes to your Media Drive and import them. No log and transfer, no transcode. They should come right in.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 16, 2012 at 2:45:40 pm

Hi Stephen,
It seems like the Sound Devices PIX240 record QT files so there is nothing to capture neither transfer.
Log&Capture work for tapes, Log & Transfer for non QT video files.
QT files are to be imported or, as you did, drag&drop.
I can't understand why your client needs to capture or transfer QT files.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 18, 2012 at 8:51:29 pm

Yes the PIX240, like the KiPro and Ninja boxes produces edit ready ProRes or DNxHD so there is no L&T. The only reason why there is a need to use AMA in AVID is the files are in quicktime wrappers but that means they are edit ready for FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]