FORUMS: list search recent posts

reverse telecine - compressor vs. cinema tools

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daryl K Davis
reverse telecine - compressor vs. cinema tools
on Mar 15, 2012 at 6:40:38 pm

I am getting footage shot on Panasonic HVX200 with P2 cards. They are shooting 1080 24p. When I import the footage in to FCP7 via log and transfer it comes in as 1280x1080 DVCPRO HD @ 29.97.

After importing the footage I wish to transcode the footage to my editing format which is 1920x1080 ProRes422 24p, and this is where my question arises.

I have tried 2 different workflows:

- using compressor to both reverse telecine the DVCPRO 29.97 footage, and scale to 1920x1080 ProRes422 24p in one pass. Unfortunately this process appears to have cadence issues as the footage is jerky and I get weird interlace artifacts.

- using Cinema Tools to batch reverse telecine the footage first, and then using compressor to transcode to 1920x1080 ProRes422 24p. This process works fine but unfortunely it is a 2 stage process and not very efficient. As well, I can only reverse telecine in Cinema Tools one footage folder at a time - a cumbersome babysitting ordeal.

So here is my question;
Is there any way I can adjust the reverse telecine setting so compressor can correctly interpret the footage so I can set up a droplet and use cluster to do all transcoding in one pass?

Thanks

Dary Davis

Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2 x 3GHz / 20GB RAM
OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8 / FCP 7.0.3 / Quicktime 7.6.3
AJA Kona 3

-------------------------
DK Davis / Editor/ Post Super
-------------------------

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: reverse telecine - compressor vs. cinema tools
on Mar 15, 2012 at 10:08:46 pm