FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie RED question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Reis
Newbie RED question
on Mar 15, 2012 at 6:04:53 pm

First time on Red, I have RED Epic footage cranked at 120 fps, I did some blowups on the 1080 Pro Res files I made from in FCP 7.

I just made 4k files of the blow ups in Red Cine, but when I line up the new 4k clips in final cut to the old 1080 clips -- there does not seem to be a diferenc in reolution.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Newbie RED question
on Mar 16, 2012 at 10:52:19 am

[John Reis] "but when I line up the new 4k clips in final cut to the old 1080 clips -- there does not seem to be a diferenc in reolution."

So you are importing the 4K clips and looking at them in FCP - I assume you mean FCP7?

FCP does not support 4K editing. 2K is the highest resolution that you can edit. So how are you importing and viewing ? Is FCP converting it to 1080 as per your project settings ?

I am also guesing that you do not have a screen that is 4K capable so anything 4K that you look at is being reduced in size one way or another.

If you were to look at the 4K footage on a 4K system and on a monitor that supported that resolution next to the 1080 footage then you would see the difference.

Or just open a 4K file in Quicktime and hit full size - you will see the dimensions of the file are way bigger than a 1080 file.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]