FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound re-donform workflow with split tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
len hugh
Sound re-donform workflow with split tracks
on Mar 15, 2012 at 12:06:38 am

I am new to FCP (long time avid) so excuse my ignorance. I have sound bwav to sync with Alexa pro res. The Bwavs have multiple split tracks plus a stereo pair.

The Editor only wants to cut with the stereo pair in order to keep the timeline as simple as possible.

When it comes to delivering to sound mix we need to be able to supply all the split tracks so that all the tracks are available to the mix.

What is a good workflow to re-conform the edit so that it incorporates the stereo pair and the split tracks? Is there an application that can handle this either at our end or at the sound mixers end?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Sound re-donform workflow with split tracks
on Mar 15, 2012 at 12:12:52 am

Tell the editor to buck up and use the split tracks.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

len hugh
on Mar 15, 2012 at 2:46:26 am

Heh,

Yes I would be telling him to suck it up and live with the split tracks if it were a commercial but Its a TV series ie 30 mins x many Eps, with lots of cast. Cutting a six hander, for example, would end up being a lot of tracks once you try and overlap dialogue.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 15, 2012 at 3:18:27 am

Most of my editing experience is episodic documentary with 4-8 separate mics in most cases. I'd have (8) tracks for SOT, (4) for SFX and (4) for music. Because Avid has this annoying thing where it only playing back 16 tracks of audio.

I have been on a few shows using FCP where I had 32 tracks of audio ... 16 for the SOT.

This is something that the editor must deal with. Using the splits and making audio easier for the mixer, who has a lot less time to mix than we do to edit.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]