FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync'd Sound Files show offline from Sync'd Video Clips after moving Media Folder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawna Cox
Sync'd Sound Files show offline from Sync'd Video Clips after moving Media Folder
on Mar 14, 2012 at 6:22:45 am

OK, did the bad deed and had to organize a project that was not planned well by my 1st editor at the get go in order to manage the content.

It is a feature film, shot on Canon 5D & HVX. Sound was captured separately with sound files. My edit assistant created a new bin called 'Sync' then bins for each Scene : He took each 5D/HVX scene take into a new sequence, deleted the 5D sound, then dropped in and sync'd up the pro sound. He then dropped that sync'd clip into the sync'd scene bin. This has been done for every clip/take for the film.

In moving and renaming folders for the FCP project, I have to reconnect media - both video and sound. All good, except the Clips that we sound sync'd. The video shows, but the (Mono) in the Viewer shows as offline on ALL THE CLIPS.

Is there a way to point the audio to the sound file, or do we have to re-sync? Is there a way to avoid this happening in the future? Can a clip point to one video file and a different sound file?

Im a first time filmmaker and learning the hard way...

We are also using converted 5D files for the edit 422(LT) and need to convert those back to higher rez for color correction and final output. What is the best practise to replace the video part of the clip and not loose the sync? (it was an over sight on the edit assistant to convert to (LT))

-Shawna

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]