FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC DT-R24L41Du

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Doyle
JVC DT-R24L41Du
on Mar 13, 2012 at 9:47:41 pm

Hi all. Anyone have any experience with the JVC DT-R24L41DU monitor? I'll be upgrading gear soon, and am interested in it. I'm currently using FCP with Matrox MXO / Cinema Display setup, but will likely be switching to a Blackmagic card & new monitor for use with FCP & Avic MC.

Thanks for the opinions.

Jay

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: JVC DT-R24L41Du
on Mar 13, 2012 at 10:14:44 pm

The off-angle viewing on that monitor isn't the best. When looking straight at the monitor, or 10 degrees askew in either direction it's fine, but go more and red becomes "salmon." Colors desaturate.

I and others have had great luck with Flanders Scientific. (shopfsi.com) At work I use the LM-2461, and at my personal workstation I use the LM-2340.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
on Mar 14, 2012 at 1:42:48 pm

agree 100%.. JVC has almost no off angle view, it's better than not having a monitor, you can at least see what you really have, for a great monitor check out FSI.
We have 1 JVC and 4 FSI. The JVC is on a station that doesn't do as much editing/ mastering work.
The folks at FSI are really knowledgeable and committed, with a great product and yes we pay full price for ours.

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

Jason Doyle
on Mar 20, 2012 at 4:01:53 pm

Shane / Doug - thanks for the advice. I figured FSI would be recommended. I know they're highly regarded around these parts. Shane, you mentioned you were using the LM-2340W. I take it you're happy with it, even for color correction? Any high-end broadcast work I get is sent out to a dedicated colorist after I do the edit, but most of the color work stays in-house. I just make sure that the LM-2340W is accurate enough for basic grading as the LM-2461W is out of my budget.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 20, 2012 at 4:59:46 pm

Is it as good as the 2461? No...they even say so on their website.

http://www.flandersscientific.com/index/pg90504/da1962:2036

Mainly in the reds...and our eyes can make up the difference. Would I use it on a feature? A show on a major network? Maybe not. But for what I color correct, it's perfect. I do broadcast work, but not on the high high end. I also do educational, corporate and theme park. Perfect for that stuff.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]