FORUMS: list search recent posts

Passing of Ramsey Marzouk

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Les Kaye
Passing of Ramsey Marzouk
on Mar 13, 2012 at 4:46:46 am

Since I don't know the correct forum (or if there is a correct forum), I'll cross-post to where it would be appropriate.

I simply wanted to inform a few of the post-productions groups that Ramsey Marzouk, the Senior Manager Software Development at Sony, passed away in Chicago last week at the age of 44. Not only was Ramsey a man of great character, but he was also a pioneer in the world of digital editing, having been the Engineering Manager at DVision, later bought by discreet, which in turn was purchased by Autodesk. His involvement ran from DVision on DOS to DVision Pro on WinNT (the first NT based NLE), through discreet edit*, Sony XPRI and Sony's latest NLE efforts.

Ramsey himself was a gentle and modest soul, and he kept a low profile. Still, it can't be stressed enough the deep contributions made by he and his staff to the post workflow that is widely used today. Some of you may have known him, some may have only heard of the NLEs he was involved with, not knowing how influential the features his team introduced to the post production paradigm. So to my humble mind, it simple didn't seem right that his passing not be acknowledged here on the COW.

RIP Ramsey...

http://www.leskaye.net

Return to posts index

Fernando Bobadilla
Re: Passing of Ramsey Marzouk
on Mar 13, 2012 at 6:53:56 am

RiP Mr. Ramsey... Let it be known that his efforts have not gone to waste, and that there are plenty of young people, like me, following his NLE system lead...

Didn't know him, but thanks to him, and the rest of his video people, I'll be able to one day make some money and buy my momma the house she always wanted.

Thank you,

Fernando Bobadilla

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Passing of Ramsey Marzouk
on Mar 13, 2012 at 2:37:22 pm

I was very sad to hear Ramsey had passed away Les. As you know, I knew him, and I knew he was young, but I didn't know he was just 44. He leaves behind young children and a wife as well, so that makes it exponentially sadder still. So long Ramsey, we're glad we knew you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]