FORUMS: list search recent posts

7.0.3 Glitches? Just started happening...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Mason
7.0.3 Glitches? Just started happening...
on Mar 12, 2012 at 11:34:48 pm

I've been using 7.0.3 since it was originally released, and only very recently started having issues with it. The glitches seem to be growing, but I have no idea what could be causing them. I've tried all the obvious stuff, maybe a software update is causing conflicts? Maybe there is some obscure setting I accidently changed that's to blame? I don't have the install discs at my disposal, so I'm trying to avoid having to re-install...or finally make the jump to premiere.

Here are the funky things I'm noticing:

- When I click on a spot (ALWAYS in the viewer, occurs sometimes in the timeline), and play from that spot, I can't click back to that same spot, or anywhere too close to that spot again. I have to click away from it, then back to the general vicinity.

- In the timeline I sometimes have problems moving the playhead to the exact spot I click it to, it will automatically jump to the beginning or end of the specific clip.

- Clicking on a clip in the timeline only sporadically actually selects the clip, and once it's finally selected it generally takes several tries to get it to move.

I'm not doing any complicated editing, no multiclips, nothing fancy. Finding the perfect in/out points is hell, the most basic editing is ending up with me pulling my hair out. Please help!

Return to posts index

John Kaley
Re: 7.0.3 Glitches? Just started happening...
on Mar 12, 2012 at 11:58:46 pm

Are you editing h.264 footage by chance?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:02:01 am

And can you elaborate on what you mean by "tried all the obvious stuff". Did that include using Preference Manger from Digital Rebellion. Repiring permissions or running disk warrior to see if you drives are all OK.

Return to posts index

Elizabeth Mason
on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:28:15 am

When it first started happening, I assumed I just needed to restart Final Cut. That would have been way too easy...I ran the disk utility (but did not use Preference Manager), and tried moving 300 gigs off my hard drive to see if that would help. For what it's worth, the computer has also been restarted, but nothing has helped so far.

(no h.264 footage, prores 422)

Return to posts index

Elizabeth Mason
on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:53:20 am

I can now say I've trashed the preferences, and that hasn't helped either.

Return to posts index

John Kaley
on Mar 13, 2012 at 2:51:25 pm

This sounds like hard drive corruption. Run Disk Warrior as Michael suggested.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]