FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence Won't Render

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Barnes
Sequence Won't Render
on Mar 12, 2012 at 4:50:45 pm

Hi,

I am editing a commercial with several high resolution still photos. I added text to the panned and scanned photos and can't render. I think it's a memory problem. The error message I get: "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card."

I am using a Mac Book Pro 13" with 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 processor with 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory (Mac O/S 10.6.8). My compression under sequence settings is Apple ProRes 422.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Sequence Won't Render
on Mar 12, 2012 at 5:16:03 pm

All your stills need to be under 4000 pixels on any side. FCP doesn't work with any format over 4K. make them 3800pixels and all should be good.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Barnes
on Mar 12, 2012 at 5:24:12 pm

Shane,

Thanks for your response. How do you check the pixel size in FCP? How do I know if they are 4000 or larger? Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 12, 2012 at 5:31:43 pm

You don't. You open them in PREVIEW or PHOTOSHOP and look there. If they are larger, then resize smaller.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Price
on Mar 13, 2012 at 2:27:28 pm

Hi
I had this problem and it was fixed by changing timeline render settings (apple+zero) to 8-bit rather than 10bit. If you change the still size in photoshop you will need to redo all your moves/resize in FCP.
thanks
nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]