FORUMS: list search recent posts

3 computers workflow, final cut and adobe premiere.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
filipe nunes de barros
3 computers workflow, final cut and adobe premiere.
on Mar 12, 2012 at 4:14:05 pm

Hi,

i starting a short documentary (no budget) but i'm currently working in a full-feature documentary (with budget) so i'm gonna hava a assistent editor working (with final cut) in her home and i will work in my main computer in the office (final cut) but most of the work will be done in a pc in my home with (premiere).
Anyone have some advices about the workflow? Use xml or other kind of workflow?

Thanks

Filipe Barros
http://www.baxadanacional.com.br

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 3 computers workflow, final cut and adobe premiere.
on Mar 12, 2012 at 4:39:44 pm

Workflow for going between FCP and Premiere constantly? Yeah...don't. Use one NLE through the entire process. Otherwise you'll be spending a lot of time just getting the media to work, and sequences to transfer. More time spent on getting things working right than actually working.

Don't do it. Choose one pony.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: 3 computers workflow, final cut and adobe premiere.
on Mar 18, 2012 at 12:52:08 pm

I tend to agree though I have a bias as to which pony you should jump on. ;-)

The reason I agree with Shane is that FCP 7 doesn't really support a whole bunch of codecs without rewrapping or transcoding to ProRes and while that's not bad, it does hamper a back and forth workflow between Premiere Pro and FCP. Our XML import works great for the most part as is a good way to open legacy FCP7 projects. We'll play ProRes just fine. The export function out of Premiere Pro works well too, but only if you've cut with ProRes or other FCP compatible media. If not, then you have to take the time to convert the footage and relink your timelines. A hassle at best.

Hope this helps.

Dennis - Adobe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]