FORUMS: list search recent posts

What filter/grading process

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter crawford
What filter/grading process
on Mar 12, 2012 at 1:34:43 am

Can anyone tell me what filter is used in films to give everything that green/yellow look?
Is there a name for that look or is it a look you just have to play around with to achieve.
An example would be the look of the movie amelie.


Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: What filter/grading process
on Mar 12, 2012 at 2:57:55 am

Do you want the camera filter type or how to achieve that with grading tools? Color or da Vinci make it easy with separate color curves and hue controls. You are better off achieving the result you want with grading tools rather than trying an in camera effect.

If you wanted to try Magic Bullet Looks, I am sure there is a preset along the lines of what you want.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: What filter/grading process
on Mar 12, 2012 at 12:48:51 pm

There are presets in Color for this in the FX room.


Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog:

Current DVD:

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved