FORUMS: list search recent posts

Files on Glyph external drive not visible when moved to another edit station

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marilyn Reed
Files on Glyph external drive not visible when moved to another edit station
on Mar 12, 2012 at 1:01:49 am

My problem is that files are not visible. I just finished editing and outputting to a Glyph drive. Now on a second user's computer I've attached the Glyph and the files I just output are not appearing. How can this be???? Help!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Files on Glyph external drive not visible when moved to another edit station
on Mar 12, 2012 at 1:56:34 am

What codec are the files?

Does the other user have FCP installed?

The drive type most likely has nothing to do with the issue, this is most likely an issue with the codec you're using being unreadable on the other computer.

In the future Marilyn, please give us as much pertinent info as you can... Too much info is always better than too little. :)

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com
Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Marilyn Reed
Re: Files on Glyph external drive not visible when moved to another edit station
on Mar 12, 2012 at 12:31:46 pm

The codec used was uncompressed 8-bit out of FCP 6. I have FCP X on my machine. But I mean I literally can't see the file structure on the external drive. I have AVID files on my iMac and no AVID software and while I can't open the files I can see the files listed --that they are there. I am confounded because I can't see the .mov movies made on another iMac much less play them.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 13, 2012 at 1:54:14 am

If the drive is formatted FAT 32 or NTFS (PC formatted) FCP X cannot see it. This is not true of legacy versions of FCP.

FCP X can only work with MacOSX Extended.

Return to posts index

Marilyn Reed
on Mar 13, 2012 at 2:13:22 am

Thanks. That may be the answer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]