In and Out Points don't match rendered file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Cucco
In and Out Points don't match rendered file
on Mar 11, 2012 at 3:19:19 pm

Hi everybody -
I'm having a weird thing happen here.

I have worked on a multi-take clip that's about 30 minutes long. After I've layered all the effects and transitions and it plays back beautifully in FCP, I render the file as a ProResLT file. I put my in point at the beginning and my out point at the end. After a few hours (wasted) of rendering, I check the output and there's 3 minutes of nothing at the beginning (I put the in point at the start on the file, not 3 minutes before the start) and then the video is cut off by about 8 minutes at the end. Also, in some of the transitions, there's some skipping that isn't there in the preview on FCP.

Has anyone seen this before or am I just nuts?

Thanks-
Jeremy

System info:
iMac i7 Quad, 16GB RAM, render/file HD is FW800 external drive, FCP 7.0.3 effects - 3-way color correction and NeatVideo NR.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: In and Out Points don't match rendered file
on Mar 11, 2012 at 6:10:40 pm

What is the format of the source footage originally, and what are the clip's you're using? you transcoded them to ProRes before edit? What are the exact sequence settings?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Cucco
on Mar 11, 2012 at 7:29:54 pm

I transcode using log and transfer into ProResLT then edit each clip in ProResLT at 30FPS progressive 1080. When I export/render, I render at 1080P/30 with ProResLT.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Mar 11, 2012 at 8:36:51 pm

Any Audio formats included (music maybe?) of anything other than the prores?

How long is the total sequence length? Have you tried exporting it without in and out points? They aren't necessary if you want to export the whole sequence.

Jerry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]