FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio rendering.. Pops and clicks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fernando Bobadilla
Audio rendering.. Pops and clicks
on Mar 10, 2012 at 6:34:56 pm

I'm working on a music video and when I pull the audio in from the log box from the top left corner of the screen, pops in the audio occur... This is after i render the audio.. I previewed the audio in the preview screen and it runs fine, no pops or changes.

I'm working with a DSLR, so I just plugged the card that was in the DSLR into my Mac - I'm thinking that shouldn't change the audio to pop like that because I'm using the visuals from the card and the audio from iTunes (an iTunes organized folder)..

I know that's it's a good rule of thumb to dump all of the footage and files into an external hard drive and work from there, to not have unexpected processing errors occur - is this what's happening to my audio?

Return to posts index

Joe Martino
Re: Audio rendering.. Pops and clicks
on Mar 10, 2012 at 8:23:58 pm

Hey brother, are you using an MP3 format for the audio? I have found in my experience if the format is MP3 i get those pops and clicks. Final Cut often likes to have a WAV or AIFF file. What i usually do is take my MP3's an pop them into Logic and export an AIFF. If that isn't available to you there are some other conversion programs out there I'm just not sure of them as I have Logic. Audacity might work too.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Mar 10, 2012 at 8:53:15 pm

+1
Make sure your audio is aiff and the sampling rate is 48kHz.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 10, 2012 at 11:21:19 pm

Here's the correct workflow for DSLRs and other file based cameras in FCP7

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Return to posts index

Fernando Bobadilla
on Mar 11, 2012 at 4:14:54 am

Yes! I think that may be the issue here, because I used iTunes and my iTunes rips songs MP3 last time I checked.

Thank you to all of you; I'll be sure to check out that workflow soon!..

Thanks again, and bless you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]