FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer on 16GB SD Card Stopped Working?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Martino
Log and Transfer on 16GB SD Card Stopped Working?
on Mar 10, 2012 at 5:54:50 pm

I have 4 Transcend Class 10 16GB cards that I have been using with my 60D and FS100 for quite some time. Every single time I have footage i do the same thing.

I remove the card, I insert it into my MacBook Pro. I then open Log and Transfer, my card is immediately recognized and then I add my files.

All of a sudden, this doesn't work.. only on 1 card does it work. lol

If I try and open any of the cards manually with log and transfer you see it try to read for like .2 of a second then it disappears.

I don't understand why it doesn't work all of a sudden. It used to work literally every single time or the past year. This is extremely annoying and I like the ability to just easily go from AVCHD to ProRes 422(LT) with a simple log vs having to go through Mpeg stream clip or compressor.

Anybody have any advice on this?

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
Re: Log and Transfer on 16GB SD Card Stopped Working?
on Mar 10, 2012 at 6:36:21 pm

hello Joe

I can think of a couple of things:

1) Is the cards folder structure correct?
2) Do you have any "wrong" signs-letters in the reel name? i.e. />:.
3) are the duration of the clips beyond an hour? I've earlier had a lot of trouble ingesting very long clips.

Good luck

Yours Sincerely

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.0 -5.5
Mac OS 10.6.7

Return to posts index

Joe Martino
on Mar 10, 2012 at 8:10:21 pm

Hi Tina,

Thanks for the response. I must say I dropped the ball for the FS100 cards as one of them was working and the only reasont he 2nd one didnt work was cause there was nothing on it. Took a quick video and now that one works.

The problem still exists with the 60D cards. Now a new piece to the problem. When i plug it into my card reader for my imac it works.. but when I plug it into my laptop.. it doesn't. I cannot figure out why as file structures and everything are OK and since they work on another computer it is clear the problem is with my laptop. Just not sure how to diagnose it at all.

Return to posts index

Joe Martino
on Mar 10, 2012 at 8:27:29 pm

Oh geeze figured it out.. silly error. Basically my imac had the E1 final cut plugin from Canon and my laptop didnt yet. As soon as I installed it it worked.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 10, 2012 at 11:22:37 pm

Here's the correct workflow for DSLRs and other file based cameras in FCP7

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Do not L&T directly from the cards. The tutorial explains it all

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]