FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 3.5 still NOT submitting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Givens
Compressor 3.5 still NOT submitting
on Mar 10, 2012 at 1:47:51 pm

I'm still having issues with compressor 3.5 submit button greyed out in the drop down menu. I guessing it has something to do with the cluster setting only giving me the option of "none" and "other" (a search for host clusters), and it seems I should have the choice of "This Computer".

As previous posts on this subject have recommended, I've ensured that Compressor and Apple Qmaster are the same version (3.5), I've used digital rebellion's Compressor Repair 2.2.2 which also trashes the preferences and I've checked the Qmaster system preferences (though not sure what to look for).

I'm at a loss on how to fix this. Any other suggestions? Otherwise compressor is unusable.

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
12 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
FCS3
CS5.5

•pgivens•

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Compressor 3.5 still NOT submitting
on Mar 10, 2012 at 11:25:00 pm

I have heard from others about greyed out submit being related to source & destination settings or file name conflicts. Try changing the destination for the new file and change the name to something simple to see if that is happening in your case.

Return to posts index

Patrick Givens
on Mar 11, 2012 at 12:26:14 am

Thanks Michael for the reply. I've tried different source & destination settings. I've tried different codecs and all kinds of different names (including the 4 letter kind). I've even tried exporting out of FCP as a clip & as a sequence, and bypassing FCP all together to no avail. The only thing I haven't done that was mentioned in a previous thread was to re-install. But since I'm in the middle of a project, that will have to wait. I was just hoping someone would have another idea that I didn't see when searching the cow on this topic.

No doubt that I'll eventually figure this out, but I would be eternally grateful if someone has the solution already. I really could use compressor right now.

•pgivens•

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Mar 12, 2012 at 11:42:19 am

Try trashing the Compressor prefs.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:44:53 pm

Apple menu - Reset Background Processing. Reset and cancel jobs. Quit and restart Compressor. If that doesn't do it, then you need a reinstall.

Return to posts index

Patrick Givens
on Mar 14, 2012 at 1:38:43 am

That's one of the first things I did. Plus Compressor Repair trashes the prefs each time you run it.

•pgivens•

Return to posts index

Sean Meredith
on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:40:10 pm

I'm having the same issue Compressor 3.5.3 and Lion 10.7.3.

Tried everything except re-install. But here's the thing that makes me doubtful it will work. Compressor ran without a hitch on my laptop and my tower until a week ago. It's not working on either machine. This leads me to suspect there was a software update from Apple that messed it up.

Sean Meredith
Director
"Dante's Inferno"
http://www.dantefilm.com

Return to posts index

Patrick Givens
on Mar 14, 2012 at 1:48:51 am

Sean, you may be on to something. I was wondering about that possibility as well, but it seems there would be a lot more folks having the same issues. I use compressor quite a bit, like most of us, and I've never had any previous issues before (except being slow with some codecs-compared to mpeg streamclip). Last fall I upgraded to a bigger Mac Pro and installed Lion expecting there to be a few hiccups, but it's been virtually seamless....... until now.

•pgivens•

Return to posts index

Nicole Alexis
on Aug 24, 2013 at 11:00:58 am

Life was beautiful till I upgraded to mountain lion. Apple sucks in that way, that's why we are all switching to premiere. They fix 20 things in upgrades and screw the faithful pros.I love fcp but fcp with 10.8 is bad news. Hold on premiere, I'm coming

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Mar 13, 2012 at 7:22:38 pm

In the Qmaster System Preferences, "Stop Sharing". Then "Reset Services". In the Advanced tab, check that "restart services every 24hrs" is checked. Then turn sharing back on.

That usually fixes things for me. That in conjunction w/ compressor repair should fix all compressor problems.

Return to posts index

Patrick Givens
on Mar 14, 2012 at 1:56:47 am

Eric, thanks for the info. I had previously done the things you listed except enabling "restart services every 24hrs". So I did it again following your steps and submit is still greyed out. I think the only thing left to do is to re-install Compressor. I will as soon as my current project is finished. I'll post results.

•pgivens•

Return to posts index

Matthew Marchesi
on Apr 5, 2012 at 3:09:53 pm

So I had the same problem of the greyed out Submit button. I am using Lion 10.7.2 and I have not installed any of the updates for FCS. Compressor Repair helped get this to work for me.

Thanks for the help offered in this thread. I hope the OP finally got his working...

~M

Return to posts index

Patrick Givens
on Oct 16, 2012 at 9:05:38 pm

Just for those who may be wondering if I ever found a solution to this original issue....... well NO I didn't. Though I didn't reinstall the software which could actually be the only resolve, I did however start using Adobe Media Encoder which has been great (especially CS6 w/ FTP auto capabilities)). And Adobe Encore isn't too bad either (it does Blue Ray projects). I guess this is just one more step AWAY from FCP..... sniff sniff.

•pgivens•

Return to posts index

Harrison Gruber
on Sep 13, 2013 at 7:54:36 pm

Tried EVERYTHING (Qmaster reset, trashing prefs, etc etc)

THIS worked:

DIGITAL DOMAIN's FCS Remover
Removing only Compressor and QMAster

THEN

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/posts/how_to_reinstall_compressor_and_...

Works. Thanks Digital Domain.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]