FORUMS: list search recent posts

External HDTV Monitor won't receive signal

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matthew stewart
External HDTV Monitor won't receive signal
on Mar 9, 2012 at 8:06:03 pm

So I just got a a new hdtv monitor for color grading/editing and I had it hooked up via matrox device and I've been editing with it for a couple weeks now and everything seemed good, I started using Motion to create some titles and was testing the hdtv with that and everything was good but than when I switched back to FCP it was like the HDTV was no longer receiving the signal from fcp. I've tried the easy setup and redoing the audio/video settings a bunch of times and nothing seems to be working. Is there some kinda of cache somewhere or something, I thought maybe some kind of cache or signal from motion is saved somewhere and is blocking the fcp signal or something. Anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: External HDTV Monitor won't receive signal
on Mar 9, 2012 at 8:17:58 pm

I've seen Motion tie up the external video output. Try closing Motion before you go back to FCP. Might release it. If it doesn't, just restart FCP and it will grab it.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

matthew stewart
on Mar 9, 2012 at 9:45:23 pm

I've tried that a bunch of times, I've restarted the comp and final cut. I've tried resetting final cuts settings too. The Matrox player and motion both work fine, but not final cut.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 9, 2012 at 10:27:13 pm

Same happens with FCP and AE with matrox. Usually have to reboot.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Mar 10, 2012 at 12:07:53 am

Have you trashed your preferences for FCP?

A reboot certainly should work to free the channel up.

Jerry

Return to posts index

Matthew Stewart
on Mar 10, 2012 at 10:25:07 pm

Trashing the preferences is what did it, I didn't have to do the reboot luckily.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Mar 10, 2012 at 2:46:21 am

Uninstall and reinstall the latest Matrox drivers. It takes all of about 1-minute, less the shut down and restart. The drivers of all I/O devices occasionally go bonkers, and you need not worry, there is no downside to reinstalling them, only upside potential there. :)

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com
Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Mar 10, 2012 at 3:53:19 pm

Good suggestion for sure.

Jerry

Return to posts index

matthew stewart
on Mar 10, 2012 at 10:18:15 pm

I tried that first since it seemed the most promising, but it didn't kick in until I deleted the fcp preferences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]