FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro crashes and original files vanish

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noelle Bye
Final Cut Pro crashes and original files vanish
on Mar 9, 2012 at 5:34:33 pm

ANY help is greatly appreciated! I am at my wit's end.

For the past couple of days, Final Cut Pro has been continuously crashing while I'm working on this large indie feature project. Every time it crashes, the original files on my external hard drives just vanish into thin air. I promise I am not deleting them myself. This has happened on six files now, at least, and some of them were not backed up anywhere else. Does anyone have any insight as to why this is happening and what I can do to stop it from doing this? Also, any idea how I can get these missing files back? I don't know if they're being deleted or renamed or what.

I am using Final Cut Pro 7 on an iMac i5. The external hard drives are all OWC Mercury Elite Pros.

Thank you in advance for any insights!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Final Cut Pro crashes and original files vanish
on Mar 9, 2012 at 7:25:15 pm

Your drive may be failing or the directory structure is corrupt. The files are probably vanishing and causing FCP to crash. I'd start with running disk utility and verify/repair the drive. DiskWarrior would be an even better product.

Return to posts index

Noelle Bye
on Mar 9, 2012 at 7:27:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. Already tried Disk Warrior and Data Recovery 3. They're still missing. And it's happening on multiple hard drives.

Return to posts index

Belinda Blair
on Dec 3, 2012 at 6:41:27 pm

Hi Noelle,

I just had this happen. Did you ever discover the problem or find a solution for recovering the files?

Thanks.

-b

Return to posts index

Noelle Bye
on Dec 3, 2012 at 7:19:24 pm

Well, making more room on my external hard drive helped the program run better, but unfortunately, I never did find the missing files :( Wish i had better news, but it remains a mystery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]