FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Boris Plugin Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Novack
FCP Boris Plugin Problem
on Mar 9, 2012 at 6:48:58 am

Hi,
I'm using BCC chroma key plugin for FCP. Whenever someone is wearing a lot of black, the black color will sort of sparkle/flicker a little...almost like there's black static in it. Hopefully this image can show what I'm talking about (will try to get a video uploaded too):

This doesn't happen when I use FCP's (inferior) key filter. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jonathan

Return to posts index

Jon Novack
Re: FCP Boris Plugin Problem
on Mar 9, 2012 at 10:50:30 pm

Here is a video showing what the problem is...any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Black Static in FCP

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Mar 12, 2012 at 8:36:44 pm

I suspect that the matte is not clean and has areas where the key needs to be refined.

There's a pop-up selector in the filter control panel that you can use to set the filter output to display the matte that is is generating. You should set this to View Matte and then tweak the controls in the filter until you have a clean matte.

You can also add the BCC Matte Choker filter after the chroma key filter to further refine the result. I'd also suggest adding the BCC Light Warp filter to complete the key.

You might want to take a look at these free tutorials:

http://www.borisfx.com/videos/BCCFxPlug/

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jon Novack
on Mar 12, 2012 at 8:49:02 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I actually have a clean Matte, and it seems the only thing that helps (a little) is to max out the 'lightness' and 'density' and minimize the 'balance'. I do have the BCC choker on there as well, but that doesn't appear to have any effect. One thing that helps a little is when I bring my blacks down on a 3-way color corrector - but then my blacks are really dark!

I'll try the light warp, but any other ideas is appreciated...thanks again!
Jonathan

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Mar 12, 2012 at 8:58:56 pm

Another idea might be toggling the color depth switch ... there's a pop-up to select whether or not the filter will render it's result in deep color. You might want to try changing that to see if it helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jon Novack
on Mar 12, 2012 at 9:46:19 pm

Hmm...what I see is "dep color render" with the options of: "When rendering 32 bit"/"When Rendering YUV"/"When rendering always".

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Mar 13, 2012 at 2:23:07 pm

Right ... that's the pop-up that I was referring to. So does altering the selection in this pop-up make a difference in the result?

Also, and I should have asked this in the very beginning, do you have the most recent version of BCC 7 installed on that system? If not there may be a free update available to you which may solve the problem. You might want to go to the website (borisfx.com/downloads) and download / install the latest version of the product.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]