FORUMS: list search recent posts

Macbook Pro screen? Ugly!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Mickelson
Macbook Pro screen? Ugly!!!
on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:23:43 pm

Anyone have a Macbook Pro screen like this? The manager at the Apple store said it is in spec and is sorry that it looks like that. Great!

CrippleBook Pro 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB ram, SLeopard 10.6.8, FCPStudio 3, QT 7

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Macbook Pro screen? Ugly!!!
on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:51:12 pm

I'm afraid your picture doesn't do the issue justice. I have no idea what you are talking about. I can't see anything but grainy dark.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:05:04 am

Can you see the blue/purple at the bottom? Can you see the dark vertical streaks going through the middle of the screen. Can you see the light bleed at the left and right sides of the screen? Also it appears that there is about a 2-3 degree angle that is "ok" for viewing. If I have my head a little higher, the image becomes washed out, lower my viewing angle and the image becomes overly saturated.

This is definitely a bad screen or a case of "emperors new clothes". The screen is the 9CD0 Samsung variety. This screen is getting torn apart by reviewers, I do not like it one bit in my $3000 laptop. It is worse than the cheapest Dell.

Just look at that mottled screen. There is an LG screen that Apple uses and the consensus is that is the one to have. Unfortunately this is my 4th screen, in this laptop, from Apple.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:57:01 pm

What are your screen resolution settings?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:06:53 am

Screen is at native resolution. 1920x1200, colorsync profile is different every-time.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 9, 2012 at 2:05:40 am

So would you like Shane to come by and replace your screen?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 9, 2012 at 2:15:21 am

Well, my computer has that blue/grey light leak at the bottom. Looks a little different, but it is there. Then again, my laptop is 4 years old, so I expect that. I also have a slight burn in of keys...probably because I closed it when the keyboard was hot.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Mar 9, 2012 at 2:47:24 am

Shane, it would be great if you came by and replaced the screen :P

I am sending it to Apple after my next video is posted. Corporate wants to look at it. There are many out there like this one, but this one is mine! Seems only Video and Photo editors can "see" the problem.

Test:
Put up a picture of a human face on the desktop using preview. Make it a decent-screen filling size.
Next, stand so you can tilt the screen a few degrees up or down. You will see the contrast/saturation/HSV all change dramatically with just a little tilt. Wonderful.

Mine goes like this. Tilt back, over-saturated and warm. Tilt forward washed out and blue.

My old macbook pros were never this bad and I've owned them all since the PowerBook g4's.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]